Oakville is a city that sits in Ontario, on a lakefront overlooking Lake Ontario, west of Toronto and just 30 minutes away from Toronto Downtown. Many of the residents are professionals, families and retired people which make this city a great diversity of people and cultures. The city has a downtown district with a variety of restaurants and shops, a world-class High School (Appleby College), a growing number of professional services and the Oakville Place mall.
Oakville also has a performing center with a rich array of world-class performing arts, and award-winning museums. The city is also an extremely popular destination for visitors from Toronto due to its fine patio dining. Two malls that are close by include the Oakville Place and Mapleview Mall.
Oakville has a rich cultural and artistic history, which has been preserved through the city’s commitment to preservation. The Oakville Museum & Archives houses one of the largest collections of historic photographs in Ontario. The city also hosts many festivals such as car shows, the Oakville Summer Theatre Festival, and many more.
Top Reasons to Visit Oakville
- Lifestyle: Oakville was ranked the best place to live in Canada by MoneySense Magazine. This city offers life-work balance, cultural diversity and enjoy.
- Four Seasons in the Year: Even thoughh climate change caused some weather changes, Oakville still has 4 seasons and you can enjoy the summer which is very pleasant there.
- Natural Beauty: Oakville has a nature to take your breath away and Coronation Park, Lakeside Park, Tannery Park are some of the greatest places that visitors can visit for the nature and healthy lifestyle.
- Easy Commuting: Oakville doesn’t have traffic problem and public parking is accessible for everyone. If you rent a car in Oakville to move faster, you’re able to visit everywhere without any problem.
- Friendly People: We’re sure that all Canadians are friendly in general, but to be honest we have sympathy for Oakville residents. They are very sophisticated, warm and relaxed.
Weather in Oakville
The climate in Oakville is classified as humid continental, with dry, warm winters, and hot, humid summers. The highest temperature ever recorded in Oakville was 50.5 °C (123.8 °F) on June 20, 2009. The lowest recorded temperature was −16.2 °C (1.9 °F) on January 17, 1981.
Rainfall is fairly consistent throughout the region, with an average annual average of about 360 mm (14.9 inches) in September, and a maximum of about 490 mm (19.3 inches) in August. The average snowfall is about 40-45 cm (16-20 inches) in the winter months (June through September), and usually falls between October and April.
Best Places in Oakville, Ontario
Oakville is a small city in Ontario, Canada, approximately 30 kms west of Toronto. It is also the home to one of the most prestigious private schools in North America called Appleby College. This high-school can cost up to $70,000 in tuitions per year!
With a rich architectural history, Oakville is known for its historical downtown area, which includes the Oakville Centre, the historic buildings, and the Old Town Church. This area also has a number of excellent restaurants and stores, as well as a number of other historical attractions.
Here are the list of the best attractions in Oakville:
- Oakville Museum
- Coronation Park
- Bronte Creek Provincial Park
- LakeSide Park
- Oakville Lighthouse
- Downtown Oakville
- Cameron’s Brewing Company
- Oakville Old Post Office Museum
- National Wines Oakville
- Oakville Art Society
If you have time for a small and restful holiday, Oakville would be in TOP 3 on our list. As you visit Oakville, we’re here to provide car rental in Oakville.